Sunday, April 17, 2011

I WILL NEVER SMOKE AGAIN!

After 26 years and countless hours of self-reflection, I know a few things about myself. Like? You ask...

Like...
If, by some unfortunate decision I decide to be adventurous and take the trash out and there is trash can juice on the can, I might have a panic attack.

Like...
If I don't tie my hair down with a head scarf before Insanity, I may as well pack it in for the night cause I'm gonna look like Diana Ross (circa the Supreme days, though she stay with a fat fro) after a concert at an air-conditionless Apollo Theater in the middle of a heat wave in NYC.

Like...
I can bullshit my way through any Marketing project the day before it is due and still get a good grade because Marketing is second nature to me. (A toot of the horn? Why don't mind if I do.)

With that in mind, it doesn't take me long to learn new things about myself and store them away in my mental Rolodex. So, you ask, what have we stored in the mental Rolodex this week. I am NOT smoker.

Last night, I went out with my girls to a Hookah bar in Westwood and we had a total blast. I mean, I really great time. But here's the thing, within the first 45 seconds of my Insanity workout today, (Cardio Power and Resistance) I knew I was in serious trouble. My breath was short, my legs and arms felt like burlap sacks, holding my core tight was like trying to hold my breath altogether. I mean it was a total clusterfuck. (Excuse my language) I had to rewind the DVD several times because I realized I was watching more than I was exercising which is an epic fail. I was gasping for air like I had been water-boarded. All in all, I finished the workout but not without a gargantuan effort on my part and only because of sheer determination not be beaten by a freaking hookah. I will NE-VER smoke again!

No comments:

Post a Comment